Friday 18 February 2011

Tim Holtz Day at Art From The Heart

Well, the long-awaited day arrived, and I could hardly contain myself waiting for the school bell to ring at quarter to one yesterday, which meant I could finally set off to Harrogate for an afternoon with Tim Holtz. Dyan had persuaded him to come to England, and I am so thankful that she did! We learnt so much, my head was spinning and I didn't know which new product to try first! 4 hours of staining, spritzing, stamping, sanding (why do all crafty skills begin with 'S'?!) flew by, and we all went home with our own Artful Journals...and a whole heap of goodies, too!
Here are some of the afternoon's highlights...
Even the ticket for the class was special....Dyan had made them in her own unique style, and then proceeded to make each one individual by doing a different doodle on Tim's face for each persons ticket, while we were busy making our journals! Mine has Tim wearing a pirate eye-patch, and a few missing teeth!
I'm so glad I was able to go, and I'll treasure my journal....especially as I got Tim to sign it for me!

8 comments:

Bernice Hopper said...

I love your book.

Uma said...

soooo fantastic, what a cool doodle of sir tim

JaneH said...

Great photos...looks like you had a great time.

Trina said...

Looks fab! Glad you have a lovely day xx

Giulietta said...

Glad you enjoyed it! Are you sure you are not related to sir TIM - you look quite alike!!

Sarah said...

your book is gorgeous!!!!

lovely pic of you and the Holtzter too

Lou said...

Karen that is beautiful. Glad you had a lovely day! x

Kaz Hall said...

Hi Karen
*waves* thanks for passing by my blog, Avery giddy pair we are! just back from Paperartsy....amazing day jusst so brill! I love your book too gorgeous x
kazx