Friday 11 March 2011

RAF blues

sorry been AWOL for a while, and haven't done any crafting either. I've spent the last few weeks worrying about, and praying for, Nick, as he waited to see if he would be one of the pilots that the RAF decided to get rid of. In their wisdom, they have sacked a third of all the trainee pilots, and we found out on Monday that our wonderful son is one of them. Despite being head of the RAF cadet section at school, receiving a sixth form scholarship from the RAF, gaining his private pilots license through another scholarship, and being awarded a scholarship for the most promising cadet in the country even BEFORE going into the RAF, it seems this wasn't enough. So what is? Who knows. We are devastated for him, as it is all he has dreamed of since he was a young boy in primary school. No idea what comes next, but I will keep you posted. If I did any art journalling at the moment, I think I'd need a LOT of black paint!

1 comment:

alexa said...

So sorry to read this - what a waste of young giftedness. Makes me really cross on your behalf (though you probably don't need my cross feeelings added to yours!). Hoping you find some black paint and it helps.